Thursday, January 06, 2005

I dreamt of the sea....

Blue it was.
Eternally blue.

With depth
that could swallow,
all of humanity.

But it did not.

It stayed in its place,
(blue as it was)
with all its wisdom.

Pondering its own existence.

I asked the sea,
"Why do you ponder so?
Is your existence
not plain to thee?".

The blue sea smiled,
its wonderful blue smile

and answered back to me;

"Dear little child,
you are young and I very old.

I have lived an eternity,
maybe even more.

Yet I still see within me,
wonders I did not know

and I am humbled".

"Is that why
you do not swallow humanity?",
asked I.

The blue sea smiled,
its curious blue smile,

and said to me:

"Nay child,
I would not swallow humanity.
I possess no such power.

For I am but the deep blue sea
and nothing more.

I too shall be overcome."

"I dreamt of the Sea" (c) Copyrighted to Shehla Naz Faizi

No comments: